Looking for a Home use PLC

okiebob

I am looking to buy a home use plc, the purpose is just to toy with. I will need the PLC, software, and an interconnect cable set (manuals IF NOT available online). 120VAC I/O no analog needed. 32+ I/O points. As stated this is for home (toytime) use. USED is fine no specific model or brand just very low cost. So if you have an old clunker Direct Logic or something along those lines let me know. I don't use ebay or sites along that line so I will go straight to the sources. I want to see what I can do with it and how far I can push the usage envelope, pool pump, air comp, AC, heat, just anything I can tinker with and show the kids a little of what Dad does. Remember CHEAP, 1 (wife) + 4 (kids) = little AVAILABLE CASH

I purchased a new Mitsubishi from www.meau.com a few months ago (Mitsubishi's US division)for a respectable price, and they included a free download of FX-WIN. I made the cable for about $15 from prints that have been posted here in the past.

As always, Automation Direct offers the most bang for the buck IMHO, plus E-Bay has been a great resource for automation odds and ends, too.

I have an abundance of used plc's that I can let go very reasonable, the problem is I cannot provide the software and/or cable/adapters in most cases, maybe one or the other but not both in most cases.

I have some GE Fanuc 90-30 that price wise may work for you IF you can deal with dos based software and purchasing an adapter for communication/downloading to the plc.

I can not offer more here...you are welcome to email me [email protected]

I also agree that AD can offer alot for the money but 32 I/0 can get you up in the money in many cases.

One interesting item on EBAY is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2547557295&category=36325

The software and cable to connect to this from AD may be reasonable.

IF you want really cheap with free software then checkout: http://www.fujielectric.com/distr/plc.htm
They have free software and cables can be made or bought.

Last edited: