Compactlogix L31 unexpected com error during upload

JApt

I am having "unexpected communication error" during the upload process. I am using a 9300 USBS, usb to serial converter which will not auto-config. After I manual set up, I can connect with the L31 and begin uploading without issue. I watch the packets in RSlinx diagnostic and when they get to about 1800 sent and received, I get the above error. This always seems to happen during the uploading of the mainprogram tags....well the uploading in general takes forever, but it slowly makes its way through until the com error. I am using version 15 RSLogix 5000 and Version 2.52 RSLinx Classic.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Need more info in order to help me, let me know.

Thanks

Thanks Mickey,

We use allot of compactlogix plc's..some of them older than the L31 I am having problems with now. Would I have any problems just upgrading to Ver.17 RSlogix5000? Wouldn't this solve problem?

Thanks

Couple problems,

First, re-read the link Mickey posted. RSLogix5000 V17 is OK for offline use only with Windows XP SP3, because but RSLinx is NOT OK with SP3. So, upgrading to V17 won't make everything OK.

Second, if those older processors include 1769-L20s or L30s, the newest firmware for those is V13.

Thanks....I may show my ignorance now, but here goes....if the newest firmware for L20 and L30's is V13, then V17 should include all priors versions along with V13 correct? Or now am I confusing firmware versions with RSLogix5000 versions....Sorry...