Help. MicroLogix via Ethernet to Power Flex40

Hi. I have a Micrologix 1100 setup talking to a PowerFlex 40 through Ethernet (22-COMM-E) setup using the PCCC object using the "N40 Files". I am having issues sometimes getting the Drive to initiate a start command consistently. I am able to send it all it parameters and get feedback just fine. Is there someone I am doing wrong. I read this article from Rockwell website. Maybe this has something to with it. Can some explain what this means to me?

“Powerflex 4 & 40 Control Signalling. Drive does not always start reliably

The default condition of the start and stop control inputs for the PowerFlex 4/40 drives is 'Edge Triggered'. This means that the drive logic must see the stop input high (or true) before the start transitions from a low to a high state. Therefore, if both start and stop inputs are applied simultaneously, a 'Race' condition can exist where the start input goes high before the stop input. In this condition, the drive does not respond to the start command and stays in a stopped condition until the start input is toggled. Test results have shown that the minimum time overlap that insures that the drive responds to the start input is 25msec. Therefore, in control systems that require both start and stop inputs to be applied during a drive start sequence, the start input should have a delay of at least 25msec after the stop input is applied.”

Last edited: