CTC Parker touch screen problem.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
A client of us have a problem with a Parker XPR06VT-2P3 6" touch screen. He says that the central area of the screen is not responding to the touch.
I already called the tech support but they have not been very convincing to me. They suggest a screen calibration.
Do you have any experience with touch screens with "dead areas". The operators may have dirty and greasy fingers while touching the screen, can this be the cause of the problem?

In addition to that, you have to wait an average of 2 weeks to get a new touch screen from CTC Parker. In some cases we cannot wait 2 weeks to respond to a client.

I just wanted to share these problems with you.

Thanks!

Have your client touch the screen where it works. If the pointer is at or very near where the touch was, then you don't need screen calibration. I have used screen calibration for when I press here, but it responds there.

No experience with a dead area, but I can suggest using a mouse/keyboard if dirty/greasy fingers are an issue. It is a lot cheaper to replace a mouse than a CTC.

2 weeks is normal for CTC. They do have an expedite repair service that could speed up things. If you are looking to replace the CTC with another vendor, check their leadtimes as well. The replacement may be the same leadtime, but hopefully better.

I know this thread is old, but my question is related...

Does anyone know how to calibrate a Parker CTC screen? The pointer on it is not going where you touch, so I know the calibration is off.

I am not actually the one working on this, so I do not know the model number of the screen. I assume they all calibrate the same...? If you have to know it, I'm sure I can get it.

Scratch that...I got the model number and found the manual.

However, I see that it says I need to go to the Powershop Shell menu (from there its self explanatory). But does anyone know how to get there? On powerup, the panel just runs the HMI program by default.

I have access to mouse & keyboard if that helps.

We need to know what model CTC you are working with to be able to nail this down. Some models you can hook up a keyboard and push F10, others need to have a GoTo button programmed on the screen.