24V DC/DC Converters for control systems in Australia

matt_sd

Hello guys,

we have a marine application where the 24VDC supply is unregulated and varies 24VDC to 30VDC. I am trying to get a 24VDC/DC converter(the power doesn't need to be that high) to regulate the supply so our PLC wont get blown apart.

I have searched, RS, Farnell, Powerbox, Weldmuller but I can't get one off the shelf, (usually 3-4 weeks delivery from the UK).

Anyone use these and know where I can get them 'off the shelf'?

Thanks

Matt

Hello guys,

we have a marine application where the 24VDC supply is unregulated and varies 24VDC to 30VDC. I am trying to get a 24VDC/DC converter(the power doesn't need to be that high) to regulate the supply so our PLC wont get blown apart.

I have searched, RS, Farnell, Powerbox, Weldmuller but I can't get one off the shelf, (usually 3-4 weeks delivery from the UK).

Anyone use these and know where I can get them 'off the shelf'?

Thanks

Matt

Do you have a 240VAC available at the location? If so, why not just put in a dedicated 24VDC power supply in for the PLC?

Alternatively, is it feasible to replace the main 24VDC power supply with a regulated power supply? what load does the main supply have?

A 24VDC conditioner seems overkill.

Hi zankorel,

The wiring has already been done and there is no accessible 240VAC. A dedicated 240V 24VDC dedicated power supply would have been good. As this is a marine application, the 24VDC is off a battery/chargers hence the high fluctuating 24VDC.

I have tracked down some 24VDC/DC converters in Sydney, Powerbox is the supplier for reference.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt

If the supplier you have found lets you down then RS in Aus has 397-9606 ready for "immediate despatch".

Regards

Bryan

Wow, thank Bryan, - I didn't see that!
That is for a vehicle application but marine is a similar setup.i.e charging/batteries.

Appreciate your help

Regards

Matt

Thanks guys! We purchased some now but will get some Meanwell's in the future - they are a great price as well! They are a quarter of the price I have just paid!

Regards

Matt