Gould/Modicon PC0085 Programming Help

Scooter

Hello all, I have a old Gould PC0085 plc that I am trying to program. Have not used one of these in years. I am using the PP0105 programmer and have no manual.
It is a 3 card rack, 2 input 1 output(cards).

My questions:

The input cards are addressed: first card 0-7 the second card 10-17, my third card is an output card and assumed it would be 20-27.
So is this correct or is the output in a different range?

The plc will accept a simple one rung program and go into run but I get no output. The programmer shows the output on but no led lit on the card. I have swapped output cards and no luck. All the little ribbon cables that connect the I/O cards are good and have the dummy jumper in the last plug on the last card.

Also is there a "end" command that should be at the end of the program?

As I said I have no manual and am working from memory.

Thanks...

I have a pdf file of the manual if you would like to PM me an email address, I will send it to you. It's about 6meg's. If you would rather that I upload it to yousendit or something like that with a link, let me know.

From the manual, page 2-1:
The locations within the rack are interchangeable with input or output. That is, no restrictions on physical or slot locations within the rack.
INputs start at 000-007 for the 1st slot they are in, left to right, 010-017, 2nd slot, and so forth. OUTputs numbering start at 110-117 for the 1st slot they are in, left to right, 120-127 for the 2nd slot and so forth.

Page 4-81 says that an END (F-40) instruction will automatically be put in as the last instruction. You can however insert one earlier in the ladder for testing a partial program, but should be removed for normal use after testing.

Last edited: