SCL Array Indexing in Step-7

cbattles

Help!! From reading previous threads, I know that the best way to index an array is using SCL. I have the SCL editor, I'm just not sure where to start. Here is the task I need to accomplish...

Using an array of 180 Real values, I need to move a flow rate into an incremental array value every 5 seconds. The array values will be checked to determine what the "max" flow rate is for a given 24-hr period, resetting all values to zero at midnight and re-starting the process.

If someone could get me started, I should be able to figure it out. Any help from you SCL experts would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a short example that calculates the average value of an array.

Code:
FUNCTION_BLOCK FB10
VAR
Range:INT;	
Index:INT;
Sum:REAL;	
Average:REAL;
Data :ARRAY[1..50] OF REAL;	
END_VAR
BEGIN
Range:=10;
Sum:=0.0;
FOR Index:=1 TO Range DO
Sum:=Sum+Data[Index];
END_FOR;
Average:=Sum/Range;
END_FUNCTION_BLOCK

I think you made a slight miscalculation on the size of array needed...

One value every 5 seconds =
12/minute
720/hour
17280/day

Of course, you don't need an array at all to capture a peak value. If NewValue > PeakValue then PeakValue = NewValue

But you're probably doing something else entirely that just isn't mentioned in the post...

Update - I think I almost got it (thanks to your help)!

See code below... it compiles OK. Taking a flowrate reading every 5 seconds for 15 minutes. Then finding the max. and average of those values. I'm not sure how to "zero" out the array after the 15 minutes. Any ideas??

FUNCTION_BLOCK FB3
TITLE = 'MAX RECHARGE PRESSURE'
VAR_INPUT
COUNT_UP: BOOL;
MIDNIGHT_RESET: BOOL;
FLOWRATE: REAL;
END_VAR
VAR_OUTPUT
MAXFLOW: REAL;
AVERAGE: REAL;
END_VAR
VAR_TEMP