WinCC Flex Cyclic Script

Hello. I've recently been exposed to WinCC Flex and I must say it is not without it's share of bugs, which are really starting to get on my nerves. But enough about that.

My specific question is how do I get a script to run continuously in the background when a certain screen is loaded? This is being used to scan a particular button which will allow or inhibit "setvalue" commands which are tied to events in certain input boxes.

Thanks.

Select the screen and you will see events and you can run the script on load of the screen. However this will only run the script once. I would try to setup a variable that is set when any of the items you want to monitor is pressed. Then have that call the script.

Give us some more details and we may be able to help more.

It sounds like one of these things you should not do with a script. Dont use VB Scripts to handle the really critical stuff, and particularly, avoid running scripts cyclically unless absolutely necessary.
And is it a panel, or is it a PC RT ?

Try to explain the real task a bit more detailed. I dont mean bits and buttons, I mean what do you functionally have to achieve ?

Hello. I've recently been exposed to WinCC Flex and I must say it is not without it's share of bugs, which are really starting to get on my nerves. But enough about that.

Bugs or things u'd rather see differently? Can't say WinCC is giving me more trouble then any other Win32 program.

My specific question is how do I get a script to run continuously in the background when a certain screen is loaded? This is being used to scan a particular button which will allow or inhibit "setvalue" commands which are tied to events in certain input boxes.

Thanks.

You could, in stead of trying to catch the press of the button, use the press/click event of the button to trigger the script.

Are the input boxes simple inputfields or are they in/output fields?
Are you just trying to disable user interaction or do you want to create a general parameter transfer button? ie, operator inputs all parameters and with a single button you want it all sent at the same time?

Without knowing what you are trying to achieve we can't really supply the 'WinCC Flex way' to do it.