Calculating DOW on a PLC 5

WireGuy1950

I currently use mostly SLC 5/04 & /05's, these plc's have a DOW function built in (S:53). But I was in need of updating some of our older machines to function like our newer machines. This included a reliable "time switch" to turn platen heaters on and off at specific times (Day, Hour, Minute).

So after some research I discovered Babwani's Congruence which showed a mathematical way to derive the Day from the date information.

I am posting a copy of the PLC 5/20 program and the reference document here. Feel free to comment (I'm sure you will) and to post any enhancements you may have.

Similar Topics

This application has a motor with encoder feedback that drives a linear actuator that moves in/out, and is at roughly 45 degs from horiz. As the...
Replies
Views
I need to keep a running pass/fail yield of the previous 5,000 parts produced. I have used this formula before to calculate average: AvgValue =...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how to calculate the savings from now needing to run an air compressor all day? Basically I have a design that replaced 6 * 1"...
Replies
Views
I would like to refer to this document of which I used some data ...
Replies
Views
Seems like this should be a simple thing but I’m struggling with it. The basis is that I am trying to detect if a linear assembly is stopped or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom