Computer upgrade for Intouch Wonderware

ade

Dear all,

I want to upgrade our HMI computer (Win2000 installed) to the better spec.
The current intouch wonderware is connected to the AB SLC504 thru a PKTx DH+ PCI card and connected to OMNI Flow computer thru Com1 RS232 with MODBUS protocol.

My question:
What steps to be done, is the image back up should be taken place in the first place?

How about the device driver issue?
Let say, I just simply use the same Hard disk to the new better spec of computer. will my system smooth?

Your big help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
Ade

If your computer new motherboard is different with old motherboard, for your image or older hard disk might not be work on new PC. I think you may find the all drivers and backup the HMI and OPC files (etc. InTouch program, OPC program, PKTx DH+ PCI Card driver) to new install OS system. For your new PC is smooth than older? if focus on graphic calculation for HMI, that may be smooth, but for taking the data, i think it may not obvious.

FatFat,
Thank you very much for your input.
I was initially thinking the same way as you are.

So may be I should install new OS, and install all the hardware drivers required (PKTx DH+ PCI card, etc) to the new OS installation and re-install Intouch Wonderware and then simply put my application files (project files) of my intouch wonderware application.

OK then I will start to think again about that.