Factory Talk View SE

SMOKE

When you move your SE project what all to you need to move to shop floor PC? The Client, APP, My HMI is talking to 4 SLC's and 1 RMC, but not all or the shortcuts are communicating. They do point to the corect IP though.
Also they work from my play button on my laptop but not when I put is on the ind computer.
Yes the licence is on it.

Last edited:
We have 3 real big jobs going on right now. We went with SE because production needed a PC so the can get to SAP.I have to admit I wanting to get my hands on the SE software. Now if given a choice I will take ME and a PV+ over SE. There is a few features with SE I like, but overall it is the hokiest software I have ever used. I would like to see an list from everyone about all the hiccups it has. I've seen a few comments already.

We have 3 real big jobs going on right now. We went with SE because production needed a PC so the can get to SAP.I have to admit I wanting to get my hands on the SE software. Now if given a choice I will take ME and a PV+ over SE. There is a few features with SE I like, but overall it is the hokiest software I have ever used. I would like to see an list from everyone about all the hiccups it has. I've seen a few comments already.

VBA is pretty much broken in SE Versions 4 and up. Yes, it works, but due to "Some Issue", it is 100% unreliable at passing parameters from one display to another.

The "Numeric" and "String" input boxes just plain suck (but honestly, they have in every single version of RSView ever).

Communications is not robust, nor are communications issues smoothly recoverable. Redundancy is horrendous.

Patches are very poorly implemented (but better then they used to be).

Installation is a nightmare. Versioning is a nightmare.

The "Recipe" system pretty much bites, much better to roll your own.

I use it extensively, but it is still in pre-alpha as far as I'm concerned.