AutomationDirect Click

dale1627

Has anyone tried out the AD Click yet? I've downloaded the software(free) and looked around in it. I like the math instruction alot more than the DirectSoft math functions. It also seems that you can store comments and nicknames in the PLC memory. Hopefully they will come out with new modules such as ethernet and analog, all they currently have are digital IO modules.

Dale

I haven't tried the hardware yet. Like you I just looked at the specs and the software. With the hardware there is not yet any battery backup for data. In the software the use of indirect or 'pointer' type addressing is very limited. And definitely more communication capability is a must.

Dale,

Things I noticed

1. No battery backup yet AD says it on it's way.
2. Being a first generation product the documentation is not perfect. See this thread over at the AD forum.http://forum.automationdirect.com/showthread.php?t=5534
3. The "Address Picker" window as they call it is a very unique and customizable screen. For instance you can turn on or off the column that contains the modbus addressing. The forces are displayed and can be controlled from here. There is also the ability to make individual addresses (not just a range) retentive (this does not apply to inputs). There is also a nifty "fill down nickname" that will put a sequential number in the last character of the nickname.There is also a usage column.

clickadpick.JPG

hello ihave small problem ihave program for convoyer belt to filling buttle by water . convoyer start move until buttle under the valve stop and valve start after buttle full convoyer go to com again buttle . my program dont stop or stop after full buttl and dont move again please help mee thans

hello ihave small problem ihave program for convoyer belt to filling buttle by water . convoyer start move until buttle under the valve stop and valve start after buttle full convoyer go to com again buttle . my program dont stop or stop after full buttl and dont move again please help mee thans

co2 - You will annoy a lot of people, please start a new thread with your question as the topic header.

hi bernie carlton

hi bernie carlton

Not the way to do it.

Also....

1. State the PLC that you are using
2. State the programming package if the PLC offers different.

This sounds alot like one of the sample projects in plc simulator