Citect Alarm Areas

zankorel

I am trying to set up a simple 2 area system for alarms in Citect.

What i want to happen is that only User 1 can view Area 1 alarms. User 2 can only view Area 2 alarms. Each user cannot see the other areas alarms.

Logically, and from the help files, all i should have to do is give Area 1 alarms and Area of '1' in the Digital Alarms window, and give User 1 a Viewable Area of 1 in the Users window. Likewise with Area 2 and User 2.

What actually happens is that both User 1 and 2 can view Area 1 and 2 alarms.

This should be simple! What am I doing wrong? Argh!

[edit] I have also tried experimenting with assigning priviledges, but to no avail.

This should work. But assining privileges and areas to a user can be a little confusing. check if the users have acess to their relevant areas.

regards,

Marsupilami

This should work. But assining privileges and areas to a user can be a little confusing. check if the users have acess to their relevant areas.

regards,

Marsupilami

I agree, in fact i know it works because i managed to assign an area to an alarm the other day by mistake and wondered why i couldnt see it until i logged on as my default user then it appeared.

After further testing, it looks like setting a global privilege gives access to all areas, and overrides the viewable areas setting.
Just one of those Citect quirks, I guess.