FactoryTalk SE and ME compatibility?

Darcy R

Hello again, I have another question for you folks.

I was looking to get a copy of FactoryTalk View ME for a PC but instead my purchaser got me a copy of SE. He informed me that he was told by wherever he bought it from that it will work fine, but I have my reservations.

Will it work or should I get a proper copy of ME?

Information is correct... FactoryTalk View Studio for SE can also start an application for ME (to use for PV Plus for example)
Unless you're talking about runtime software to run on PC as Scada... there you need to buy the correct software as for the file has been developed.

- [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/FONT]

Hello again, I have another question for you folks.

I was looking to get a copy of FactoryTalk View ME for a PC but instead my purchaser got me a copy of SE. He informed me that he was told by wherever he bought it from that it will work fine, but I have my reservations.

Will it work or should I get a proper copy of ME?

You can still develop a workable application with either, but if your intention is strictly a PC based HMI, SE is overkill. Think of ME as like Panelbuilder and SE as like RSView32

So after installing SE and snooping around I have a new question. Is there a way to convert an ME Application file into a SE Application file? If there isn't then I need new software I guess.