Allen Bradley PIDE Control for flow control

BMLLER6758

Hallo Everybody,

Did anybody from you had a sample how to do pump control with flow sensor ???

I only did temperature control with pide yet.

But when I program the pump control the same way the output of the pide get to zero when SP = PV.

So the Motor start...Stop...start...stop...start... stop and so ono_O

Regards and hanx in advance

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

Well, if you mean PID controller, that's a bit odd. I never really heard about this before. Integral component of controller will provide controller output that will remove offset error (read articles on www.controlguru.com). This way, in order to keep PV = SP there will be some controller output or CObias as described in above mentioned articles.
It would be good to provide more details so we can help more.

Cheers!

What are the parameter settings in the PIDE. It sounds like you only have P active and zero value for I.

Flow PID

So the Motor start...Stop...start...stop...start... stop and so ono_O

It seems like you are using the PID to start/stop the pump thats not the way to go, the pump should run continuosly.
You can control the speed of a VFD or position of a control valve with the PID
Roy

If the pump is positive displacement, a VFD usually works well, you can also install a flow control valve that recirculates material back to the source. If the pump can be dead headed for brief periods, you can also install the flow control valve directly to the discharge of the pump.

If the pump is the centrifugal type, you can use a VFD to control the speed, but I have found the response is not linear. You would have to use the pump curves to compute a none linear controller.