Mitsubishi Guru's

hazey

Guys I have a FX1s that has a HMI connected to port. Is it possible to use the FX2NC-ENET_ADP for SCADA system and still have HMI connected to local port. Or are there any other solutions to connect both devices.

thanks

Hazey

Hello,

Is the HMI plugged into the programming port?
If so, then a cheaper option is the RS232 option board (RS-232BD??)and run a serial to IP converter which includes a virtual com port on your scada PC.
HTH
NP

It's my understanding that the FX2NC-ENET-ADP is not compatible with a FX1S (only FX1N and above) The only method of expanding a FX1S I know of ist use the BD otion board the previous post mentions

Hello,

If so, then a cheaper option is the RS232 option board (RS-232BD??)and run a serial to IP converter which includes a virtual com port on your scada PC.
HTH
NP

Yes HMI is plugged into the only port on PLC. Will RS232 option provide me with 2 ports to run both systems?

thanks

Hazey

Guys I checked manual for FX2NC-ENET-ADP and it goes through procedure for connecting to FX1S, it looks like the adapdter will connect to FX1S. Can anyone confirm this?

thanks

Hazey

Hello,

HTH
NP
Guys has anyone been successful with serial to IP converter for SCADA, and if so what brand? This option of RS232 and converter will be fine, if someone has used a brand before could you let me know?

thanks

Hazey

one option is to use hmi which supports pass through. then you can have serial connection PLC<->HMI and ethernet connection to the HMI (and PLC using pass through)

Thanks guys but this installation already has existing HMI an eView mt506lv4cn. This HMI only has 2 RS232 ports and I cannot find out much info about it. I was looking for options to fit SCADA within this hardware.

Hazey