Answer me please>>>

dadeh

Im now working on my thesis and im just wondering,is it possible to use PLC as a computer interface project instead of using visual basic and parallel port????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
1. The title of your thread sound more like a stern command than a request but I'll try an answer anyway.

2. Using a PLC as a data gathering/control unit (as long as the signals are within the capabilities of the PLC) is very possible. But you still have questions to answer:

a. How will the PC interface for communication with the PLC? If the PC is just used for viewing then the programming package for the PLC could be used. If you need the gathering of information for storage in a database or spreadsheet or the co0ntrol of outputs in the PLC then you may need yet other software. Perhaps the Visual Basic you were mentioning plus the communication interface (an ActiveX control is a poswsibility).

b. Will the PLC and/or the communication link be fast enough to sample the data or control outputs at the rate needed?

You may find that, after answering these questions, the Visual Basic plus parallel port interface may be more desirable.

sorry for my title sir..

uhm i see, my original plan is to make a target shooter that can be controlled in my pc, my friends once told me that it is possible to use plc but they have no proof at all...is it really possible?? or i just use visual basic and parallel port for that???

With the information you've given us, there's absolutely, positively no way to answer your question.

What exactly do you want to do?
How do you plan to do it?
What kind of devices do you need to control?
Etc. etc. etc.

The hardest part, yet most important part of any automation project is defining your system. After you've defined it (who? what? when? where? why? how?) it can probably be automated... answer those questions and we can help answer your question.

Yes, you can do that. Use PC for control PLC.
But you must know, how to communicate between PC and PLC, what kind of command for read/write data from/to PLC.
For the hardware, usually use serial, USB or ethernet, never heard use parallel.
Use VB is possible to communicate with PLC. For simple communication just make by yourself with VB, but for complex application, easier if use ready made DDE or OPC server.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://anekalistrik.blogspot.com

ok thanks for answering my question..all i want is a simple idea if it is possible,i can now figure it out what will be my project is..thank you very much...