Siemens related questions

mrtweaver

I dont know how many of you or if any of you work in the printing industry. I am in the process of understanding more about the printers we have in house.

The printers we have in house are by OCE (there is a little tilde mark above the e but I could not recall how to get it there.) I think the model number was 550 or something like that.

I know that it has a SIEMENS device in it that resembles a PLC but I am told that it has a hard drive in it. I am in the process of getting photos of the device so that anyone who can help identify can do so.

I know that this Siemens device is connected upto a PC which is what is used for the HMI graphics on the display screen. The connection is made via Ethernet.

What I am asking is if anyone has used a product such as KepServerEX to attach to these printers to gather the data such as number of pages it has printed, total footage of printed material, when the printer has shut down because it requires toner, etc...

I have written to OCE at least 5 times. The first two times I got no reponce. The third time I received an email stating that somehow my email got into the sales que and not in the tech que but she was forwarding it. The forth time again no answer, then on the fifth time I received a call, talked a little to the guy and then he politely told me that his department was for a different division of printers not the type we had and he was going to forward my mail to the proper person. Again nothing. So I thought with all the gurus on here maybe, just maybe someone might know something and be willing to share it because apparently OCE is not, and it appears the same with their road techs that they do not share nicely either. So any help greatly appreciated and as soon as I can get back to photo the device and the photo comes out nice, I will post it here as well.

Have a great day and wonderful holiday.