Siemens APT and Profibus DP

WeltonD

Has anyone seen this error when using Profibus and Siemens APT.

ERROR 12195 - PROFIBUS-DP Merge utility never spawned and errno = 12

WeldonD,
Here is the error explanation from the manual.

12195 File or path name not found EXPORT.2BF​
did not exist in the /PRR directory.

Disk full​
Disk containing APT was full.

Slave ... in APT but not in COM PROFIBUS​
The indicated slave was in the PROFIBUS.CFG file, but not in
the COM PROFIBUS export file.

Slave ... in COM PROFIBUS but not in APT​
The indicated slave was in the COM PROFIBUS export file, but
not in the PROFIBUS.CFG file.

Slave ..., Module ... in APT but not in
COM PROFIBUS​
The indicated slave module was in the PROFIBUS.CFG file, but
not in the COM PROFIBUS export file.​
Slave ... , Module ... in COM PROFIBUS
but not in APT​
The indicated slave module was in the COM PROFIBUS export
file, but not in the PROFIBUS.CFG file.​
Slave ... , Module ... APT: ,nX nY nWX
nWY, COM PB: nX nY nWX nWY​
There is a mismatch between PROFIBUS.CFG and the COM​
PROFIBUS data for this slave module.

I cant tell where you are in programming the PLC but if you are adding a new profibus drop to a 505 series processor APT does not support a direct configuration of these types of drops. You must us another software package Com Profibus and configure your profibus drop with this. You then export the profibus configuration file as a .2bf file created by the comprofibus software. I believe that this is a binary file. this file must then be placed in the /PRR directory of the APT file directory structure.

I hope this is enough to get you going. If not please give us some more information.

Thanks for your reply. What manual are you referencing and where can I get it? I have the .2BF file in the proper directory (c:\APT\Program\MyProgram\PRR). I will check the .cfg file. I orignally assumed that it had something to do with running on Windows 2000. Thanks again.