Siemens 414 cpu restart problem

rajesh_neema

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my siemens 414 PLC whenever we switch off or power goes it is not going in to RUN mode and we have to download the hardware again
All th OBs are there but still problem persisting
Please suggest some solution

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Probably it is necessary to use a battery...
Sometimes it is necessary to download the program to memory card.

From your description of the problem it is likely that your PLC is equiped with a Flash Memory Card that has only some of the program required to run. Other parts of the program have been downloaded but are only stored in volatile load memory.
The load memory is lost when the power fails unless your batteries are fitted and in good condition.

1. Order some new batteries and remember to replace them every year.

2. Get your PLC running properly and then Upload the program to an empty Step7 project. Then download that program to your Flash Memory Card.

Attached is the proceedure I give my customers to use to update the Flash Card.
P.S. I installed two S7-400 PLC's in Rishra a few years ago.