Siemens - Profinet diagnostic

Weo

Hi All,

I´m setting up a 300 system with some profinet nodes.

I have experience of how to read status of profibus slaves (FC125) but not profinet, first time user of profinet.

I just want simple diagnostic, if a module error occurs on node or the node is not accessible I want for example a bit to settled.

The function "Report system Error" is not really what I´m looking for, I understood that you with FB126 can get this functionality.
Also seen something about SFC51, someone with experiences?

Once again, I just want very simple diagnostic and prefer not to do too much programming in interrupt OB's, for profibus I liked FC125, Just call it and it saved status of ALL slaves to one DB.

What´s your expereinces and recommendations of profinet diagnostic?

Thanks

I had a look at this siemens project/library (FB126) and did some testing. Anyway I cannot understand the data in the instance DB (DB126).

When I have a fault on a node (BF or SF) I cannot see any data in DB126 changing.
FB126 is called cyclically from OB1, just as in the Siemens example.

Anyone here that used FB126 and know how it works?