Need Help About B&R CP63

blete

Hi all, I'm a newbie in this forum but I read a lot of you. I have a CP63 from B&R in a machine that has some limitations and I need the Prosys Software to connect to it and try to modify some parts of the program.
Also anyone knows the connections to make between LTP1 and PLC?
Thanks at all.

hi there,

you can still order the software from B&R including a special cable (centronics to serial).
than you need an older laptop with either DOS, Win95 or Win98 on it and which also has a parallel port.
I usually use an older compaq M700 if i have to do some work on these plcs, always worked.

hi there,

you can still order the software from B&R including a special cable (centronics to serial).
than you need an older laptop with either DOS, Win95 or Win98 on it and which also has a parallel port.

(y)I have a copy of ProSys (last time I used it on WinNt no probs - not tried W2k or XP) - do you have a part no. for the cable (last one was lost a few years back) and which office still stocks these?

hi there,

i am currently not in the office but i will look for the part number this week.

would be interesting to know how you got that thing to run under W2K. i can't even install it under W2K even with a DOS Enabler and a CPU Throttle.

so i currently run it in a virtual win98 system under XP, have some problems connecting to the plc though.
runs fine under real win98.

best regards

hi there,

(y)I have a copy of ProSys (last time I used it on WinNt no probs - not tried W2k or XP) - do you have a part no. for the cable (last one was lost a few years back) and which office still stocks these?
hi there,
the part number for the programming cable is BRKAOL5-1. I would check with B&R for avalability. I would think that they still carry the cable or a substitute since they still sell the software. In case that they do not, here is the link to a supplier that carries B&R parts.
http://shop.industrialpartner.com/B/br/index.htm
good luck

Hi all, I'm a newbie in this forum but I read a lot of you. I have a CP63 from B&R in a machine that has some limitations and I need the Prosys Software to connect to it and try to modify some parts of the program.
Also anyone knows the connections to make between LTP1 and PLC?
Thanks at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneskibum
hi there,

hi there,
the part number for the programming cable is BRKAOL5-1. I would check with B&R for avalability. I would think that they still carry the cable or a substitute since they still sell the software. In case that they do not, here is the link to a supplier that carries B&R parts.
http://shop.industrialpartner.com/B/br/index.htm
good luck

hi there,

In Australia NHP are the distributers. They should be able to help you out with the BRKAOL5-1 cable. I have used the software on Win XP with success with a different type of adapter (serial port, very expensive unit), no success with BRKAOL5-1 (parallel port). We use an old DOS laptop for this work.

hi there,
could you please give me the number of the serial adapter that you use to connect to the plc. we only have one of the BRKAOL-1 cables in the office and that one has to be shared by 5 service engineers. so a substitute would be great.
thanks

There is another way to program the CPU without the BRKOL. You have to install an online interface module type ECFP128MP-0. With this module you can use the serial port of your laptop. I got one dell Precision workstation with windows XP. To use DOS files of WINDOWS 98, i create a boot disk with an USB key and functions ok. BRKOL-1 is not available anymore at B&R and if you want to buy it cost at least 1000 euros.
If you still want to know how to make the cable just contact me.

There is another way to program the CPU without the BRKOL. You have to install an online interface module type ECFP128MP-0. With this module you can use the serial port of your laptop. I got one dell Precision workstation with windows XP. To use DOS files of WINDOWS 98, i create a boot disk with an USB key and functions ok. BRKOL-1 is not available anymore at B&R and if you want to buy it cost at least 1000 euros.
Hi tsandoval - would love a copy of the cable details. Can you post onto the forum? or email m direct if not

motorfbk - NHP look after the new "Blue line" range, but there aren't many BRKAOL5-1 cables left in the world. Thanks for the feedback tho

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/member.php?u=45248

Iwant to aclare that ECFP128MP-0 only can be installed on the MULTICONTROL CPUS(CP60, CP63...) for the other you have to buy BRKAOL5-1.