urgent help required for siemens PLC(CPU 315-2 PN/DP)

santosh8665

hello,
All LED's on Siemens PLC(CPU 315-2 PN/DP)are blinking continiously & program is not getting downloaded in PLC.i try to format MMC card but it is not formated by memory reset option on PLC.i am not getting that MMC card is faulty or any other resion is there???
i tried to purchase new MMC card but it will require atleast 4 to 5 weeks to get new one.
is there any way to format the MMC card & check that MMC is faulty or any other resion for PLC unable to download the program???
please help in this regard.

you can make a simeple progrom,do not configure dp or ohter bus ,then download the programme to your PLC,if leds normal,you can check your old programme. if leds are still blinking ,you should change a new MMC card .

Thanks!!!
i tried the downloading by doing different programs still PLC is unable to download it.
should any another way there to format the present MMC card???

can you connect the plc using MPI cable?
you can set plc's switch to stop ,then connect plc ,then select PLC-->diagnostics/setting-->clear/reset.

hi,
Thank you for your help.
I am having MPI cable with me.what are further steps?
in Simatic manager software , PLC->diagnostics->all options are in disabled state.
& in file menu -> Memory Card -> delete option is also disabled.
please help in this regards.

If the MMC card has a corrupted program in it, it cannot be reset by the in-CPU procedure. You need a prommer to do that, which you probably dont have.

4-5 weeks wait to get a new card seems excessive to me. As far as I know, Siemens has a local representation in Pune.
Maybe you can find an alternative supplier, or cannibalise a similar MMC card from another CPU.

Btw. you can learn from this that spare MMC cards are essential.

Dear Santosh

If MMC is OK " you can try this"

Go accessible node >> Blocks >> Select all blocks >> delete all blocks >> try this card if you have another PLC>> if not come to Prolific PUNE, Wakdewadi, we can try together.

Hi,
i am trying to configure Profinet program by using Simatic Manager software.
i am not getting where is the accessible node option in that????
please clearify...

Santosh..

How to reset MMC through CPU!!

If your stop light is blinking continously it means the MMC card needs to be reset. MMC can get reset by siemens PG/PC laptop and another way to reset a MMC is just hold the switch to "MRES" and hold it untill the stop light LED lights Continously(approx 9 sec.) within next three sec. you must let the switch go and then immediately set it again to "MRES". The stop LED now blinks during the delete procedure. After few seconds the stop LED remains contant. this indicates that now the MMC is reset and now you can dowload the program it it! Hope this would help!:)