Need Help siemens simatic s5-95u error

RODOLFOJR

Hello every body....

I need you help how to solve the problem in siemens s5-95u.
During power up, there is an led indicator at stop portion of the cpu.I try to shutdown the main power of the panel and start again, but still this led indicator on "stop" occur.
I believe it should be on run mode.
I replace the battery, but still the error is the same.

Please help....

All you advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank tou very much..

Remember not to forget the obvious: is the switch right below the LEDs RUN and STOP in the RUN position?

Regards,

Has the plc got an eprom card in it (orange top)? If you switched off the power to change the battery it may not have a program in it, if there was no eprom.

Check that none of the cards (Input/output) are loose. A loose card will cause the program to stop.

one or two other things to try, clear the plc (f you have a copy of the code or eprom), switch on the plc with no battery switch from stop to run a couple of times & then insert the battery while power is on, reset the plc again then load the program, power down & back up again.
if this does not cure the problem you may need to check online for the cause of the stop, this could be fault I/O, a DW called beyond the length of the Datablock or a value in a word that is used for indirect addressing pointing to a non existant address, some programmers would put the program in eeprom but DB's in ram ( the best way is to generate the DB with code on startup if not exist & load default values).
Have come across this a number of times as DB's exist in eprom will read the data stored in them on startup.

Guys,

There is an eprom together with the plc module.
I follow everything you told me and its work again.
Thank you very much for the help.
The PLC Led Indicator now at run position and it working.

PLC not goes on start mode it is always on stop mode.

Dear Sir,
I have been same issue that u you were faced. PLC not goes on start mode it is always on stop mode.
This plc has EEPROM. I haven’t any backup with me. Battery used has drained completely.
Can you please suggest the solution? Or how you are overcome this problem?
Which step you have followed?

one or two other things to try, clear the plc (f you have a copy of the code or eprom), switch on the plc with no battery switch from stop to run a couple of times & then insert the battery while power is on, reset the plc again then load the program, power down & back up again.
if this does not cure the problem you may need to check online for the cause of the stop, this could be fault I/O, a DW called beyond the length of the Datablock or a value in a word that is used for indirect addressing pointing to a non existant address, some programmers would put the program in eeprom but DB's in ram ( the best way is to generate the DB with code on startup if not exist & load default values).
Have come across this a number of times as DB's exist in eprom will read the data stored in them on startup.
I think this was the answer - it will reload the program from the eeprom

I think this was the answer - it will reload the program from the eeprom

markie, some eeproms hold db numbers/parameters and not the program

You can do the reset (not the master reset) to load the values but it will do nothing to the program