All PLC LED's are blinking continiously & program is not downloaded

santosh8665

Hi All,
I am downloading program on Siemens PLC -CPU 315-2 PN/DP.
But programe is not downloaded & all LED's are blinking continiously.
please help in this regards.

- Santosh.

Santosh,
If all lights are blinking you will not be able to download a new plc program. you must first clear the memory of the PLC first then download the hardware configuration and then the program. To clear the memory hold down the mem reset switch until the stop led starts blinking slow then fast, when the led stops blinking repeat this a second time until the led is no longer blinking. Then your memory should be cleared and you can redown load. You may have to perform this a couple of times.

Hi,
As per steps given in your previous reply , i tried the procedure for 10 to 15 times.But as soon as i release the mem reset switch to original position,again all LED's are start blinking.
i am not getting what this is indicates?? how should i know that memory is cleared or not??
whether there any problem regarding MMC card???

need your valuable reply.

--- Santosh.

Santosh,
It sounds like you have a bad mmc card. Remove the card. Perform the reset as above. Put the cpu in run without a program. If it goes into run the cpu is OK. put the mmc card in the cpu and power up. If the lights are blinking I have a link to a manual on my server that will explain the blinking lights. go to section 10.4 and there will be the explanation of the leds. there are numerous leds to determine what the problem is. Here is the link
ftp://www.mcaps-inc.com/Siemens/

Support for Any Make Any Model PLC's.

Dear Santosh,
Is your problem solved? Please update on the forum.
I also from Pune India, do not hesistate to contact if you required support related to "Any Make Any Model PLC's". :)
Bye,
Riyaz,
Pune India
+91 99215 83535.

Dear Riyaz,
i am facing new problem right now. i replaced new MMC card .
we are developing application of PROFINET protocol implementation.

i am using GSD file to download on PLC. GSD file contain API field with value "0" & "14848".

for value 0 PLC works fine but when i tried to download module from GSD file of API value 14848. all LED's are start blinking again...

after