Wonderware On 2 computers

B Fix

All,

I have a customer running InTouch version 9.0. I recently updated two of their screens with new information. I developed the changes on the copy of their Wonderware project that I have at my office, and imported the modified screens into their Wonderware project onsite.

They have the same copy of the project running on two different computers. Whenever one of the changed screens is opened on one of the computers, the other computers screen goes black. From what they tell me, the other screens still work fine and don't cause the other monitor to go black. I have to go investigate tomorrow, but I am fairly new to Wonderware and I have no idea why this would be happening.

I didn't change any of the scripting on the screens. I just added some objects onto them.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

It has been awhile since I worked w/ Wonderware.

I stopped at version 7.11

For some reason that setup sounds odd to me. (two wonderware copies running the same program)

I wonder if there isn't some sort of NAD (did I remember this acronym correctly?) system set up there.

Any way to converse w/ the original developer or other programmers more familiar w/ networked wonderware set-ups?

Hello

I don't think this is problem in Intouch. I also use this type of applications (one project is using by 2, 3, 4, 5.... PC). Just is using one application, but with assigned different way to the PLC on each PC. May be the problem is in PC. You wrote "screen goes black". If they close Intouch application, screen goes in normal or... It's very interesting situation and for me also curious. Let me know results after your investigation...

regards

So as it turns out it was a very very easy fix and I had been told wrong information about the problem. They had a dual monitor setup, and when one screen would popup on one monitor, it would close the other screen on the 2nd monitor.

This was because the new screen had too wide of a setting for it's dimensions and was going onto the other monitor. All I had to do was make the screen a smaller size :) easy fix.