OP25 upgrade to OP277

Rexythe1

Hi all,

We have a S7 300 PLC controlling a machine. We use two HMIs for controlling the machine. the two HMIs control different functions. one HMI is OP25 and the other one is OP17. We have planned to upgrade the two to OP277 and OP177. But we are facing a few problems šŸ™ƒ.

1. We do not have backups of the two HMI codes:confused:.
2. We have a Siemens PG with Protool and Winccflex installed but cannot communicate with the OP25 or OP17 šŸ”Ø( we tried MPI and DP).

I need to know :
1. How to communicate the PG with the OP25 and OP17using either MPI or DP?
2. How to upload the code to the PG using either protool or winccflex2005?
3. How to convert the code to be used for Op277 and OP177?

I am sure once we are able to upload the code to the PG we will also be able to download the new code to the new HMI. Any suggestion or advice is highly welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Rex.

Hi all,

We have a S7 300 PLC controlling a machine. We use two HMIs for controlling the machine. the two HMIs control different functions. one HMI is OP25 and the other one is OP17. We have planned to upgrade the two to OP277 and OP177. But we are facing a few problems šŸ™ƒ.

1. We do not have backups of the two HMI codes:confused:.
2. We have a Siemens PG with Protool and Winccflex installed but cannot communicate with the OP25 or OP17 šŸ”Ø( we tried MPI and DP).

I need to know :
1. How to communicate the PG with the OP25 and OP17using either MPI or DP?
2. How to upload the code to the PG using either protool or winccflex2005?
3. How to convert the code to be used for Op277 and OP177?

I am sure once we are able to upload the code to the PG we will also be able to download the new code to the new HMI. Any suggestion or advice is highly welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Rex.

It depends what software was originally used to program the OP25 and OP17.
If not Protool, then Comtext was probably used. Either way, without the source code, you cannot upload and examine the contents of the applications.

Also, from what I recall, you need to place the two OPs into TRANSFER mode.
Try this link http://support.automation.siemens.c...slib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=1145112&caller=view
to check for the documentation.

OP17 (and I think OP25) normally use RS232 port for programming. OP17 could have been programmed with either Protool or COMTEXT, From what I can remember OP25 is protool only. You need the source file for Protool, but I think you can suck out a COMTEXT config.

Put simply, for Protool, If you have no source code (Usually a .pdb file), then you have to revelop the app from scratch.

It is also difficult to convert between the older screens and newer ones, although WinCC does support a Protool import utility.

Thanx Mike and Curly

Thanx a lot for your suggestions:beerchug:.

What I understand from your posts is that I will not be able to upload the code from the OP25 to my Siemens PG using either Protool or WinCC. Am I right or not?ā˜Æ

OP25 will not allow 'code' upload, there is a program to upload the compliled program but that cannot be edited or transfered to a different display.

OP17 configured with COMTEXT will allow upload into COMTEXT, but then there is no migration into Protool or WinCC, which is where you need to be. OP17 configured with Protool, same restrictions as OP25.

Not what you wanted to hear, I know.