WonderWare 10.0 Upgrade

mdenbow

I volunteered for a project upgrading an application from InTouch v. 7.1 to InTouch v. 10.0 I want to test this first before trying it on a live plant. I've read that in demo mode, InTouch only supports 32 tags. Is this correct? Do they make you purchase a license before you can find out if your application will even work in the new version? This is a fairly large application with ~3900 tags and involving 15 PLC's. Needless to say, re-writing it is out of the question.

Anybody have any insights?

Mark

Hello Mark,
I did this job and everything goes OK. My application was bigger then yours (around 12000 tags). Buy directly Intouch 10 with necessary license for your application. Everything in this new version is easier and give you more "powerfull" possibilities. For converting is important to keep the same screen resolution. Of course maybe you'll change the way with which Intouch application is connected to the PLC. (this not necessary and dipends from what kind of PLC is using). In the other way with DaveW's advice you'll have 100%...

regards

In many ways plain intouch 10 isnt that different from 7.1, and you should be able to convert them fairly easily. Now, if you go with the archestra ide, its going to be a fairly large change. Archestra IDE does offer some pretty powerful dev and graphical enhancments. You dont have to use archestra, you can stick with just windowmaker if you want to.

matt

PS, if you want, you can send me the app, I can covert it and see if there is any obvious issues. I do agree tho, ask for a 30 day trial.