RSEmulate 500 Free now

Operaghost

Did anyone see this? I just downloaded revision 6.0 and this is in the Release Notes. I also noticed Vista support comes with RSLinx 2.55.

RSLogix Emulate 500 no longer requires activation, but you must agree to the license terms to legally install and use the software. In addition, RSLogix Emulate 500 will be included with RSLogix 500 or RSLogix Micro Developer in the future. Although updates will be available from the Rockwell Automation Technical Support update site, RSLogix Emulate 500 will no longer be sold individually.

OG

As I posted earlier, it will be included with RSLogix500. Why in the world would they temporarily relax the activation rules? It does say:

"RSLogix Emulate 500 will no longer be sold individually"

I think we all can agree that it always should have been part of the software. Perhaps Rockwell realized that too.

OG

Is this a free update if you do not already have RS emulate 500?

I have tried to find it, but it asks for the serial number from the RS emulate disk. I do not see it on the RSlogix 500 update page.

RSEmulate 500 on MicroLogix Controller Downloads page

Just noticed - RSLogix Emulate 500 is now downloadable from the MicroLogix Controller Downloads page.

(same place as the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite download)