Mitsubishi Q-Series MELSEC and Profibus Class 2 Masters

Sparky7

:confused:
Does anyone know if the Mitsubishi Q-Series MELSEC fitted with Profibus DP Master module QJ71PB92D supports co-existence of a Class 2 Master (such as SIMATIC PDM + CP5512 Softnet) on it's network? If so, how did you get it to work ?

We have been trying to connect Siemens SIMATIC PDM to access some Profibus PA Instruments (Siemens SITRANS Probe LU 12m and BEKA Field Displays) that are connected behind a Pepperl & Fuchs DP/PA Coupler (SK1 type KFD2-BR-Ex13PA93) which runs at 93.75kbits/s on DP side.

The DP side has about 6 nodes connected.

Strangely without the DP nodes in Cyclic comms it works but as soon as the DP nodes (Hach-Lange SC100 DO Analyser, Rotork Actuator, Siemens MAG6000 flowmeter, and a Flame detector via an Anybus-DP RS232/DP gateway) are brought into the project the PLC goes into Fault then STOP when PDM starts scanning the Profibus Network with its "Lifelist" function.

PDM is running on a laptop with Siemens CP5512 or CP5511, and also tried on Siemens Field PG with intergrated CP5611.

We made the following Profibus DP bus parameter settings advised by P&F for the SK1 to work properly ..

Tslot: 4095 tBit
Min Tsdr: 22 tBit
Max Tsdr: 1000 tBit
Tset: 55 tBit (although our PDM notes say 150 for this one)
Tqui: 0 tBit
Gap Factor: 10
Retry Limit 3 (although SI had this set to 1 in the PLC settings).
Ttr: 19968 tBit

:confused:
Does anyone know if the Mitsubishi Q-Series MELSEC fitted with Profibus DP Master module QJ71PB92D supports co-existence of a Class 2 Master (such as SIMATIC PDM + CP5512 Softnet) on it's network? If so, how did you get it to work ?

We have been trying to connect Siemens SIMATIC PDM to access some Profibus PA Instruments (Siemens SITRANS Probe LU 12m and BEKA Field Displays) that are connected behind a Pepperl & Fuchs DP/PA Coupler (SK1 type KFD2-BR-Ex13PA93) which runs at 93.75kbits/s on DP side.

The DP side has about 6 nodes connected.

Strangely without the DP nodes in Cyclic comms it works but as soon as the DP nodes (Hach-Lange SC100 DO Analyser, Rotork Actuator, Siemens MAG6000 flowmeter, and a Flame detector via an Anybus-DP RS232/DP gateway) are brought into the project the PLC goes into Fault then STOP when PDM starts scanning the Profibus Network with its "Lifelist" function.

PDM is running on a laptop with Siemens CP5512 or CP5511, and also tried on Siemens Field PG with intergrated CP5611.

We made the following Profibus DP bus parameter settings advised by P&F for the SK1 to work properly ..

Tslot: 4095 tBit
Min Tsdr: 22 tBit
Max Tsdr: 1000 tBit
Tset: 55 tBit (although our PDM notes say 150 for this one)
Tqui: 0 tBit
Gap Factor: 10
Retry Limit 3 (although SI had this set to 1 in the PLC settings).
Ttr: 19968 tBit
Get the RED LED against RSP Error (Turns on when communication error is occured) and
PLC main CPU goes into STOP and needs a Restart.