SLC 5/05 to Delta Motion 75E

mikeyboy

Hello all, I am new to ethernet messaging and I am getting a little confused. Here is the setup I have: An AB SLC 5/05 processor, a Red Lion G310, and a Delta Motion 75E controller.

The Red Lion is working with the AB just fine.

When I try to do a read message to get the Axis Status from the Delta Unit the enable bit goes high and nothing happens. If I stop the read message the enable bit goes off and the Error bit goes high. With a timeout error.

-The IP address are set OK.
-The lights on the Delta unit are blinking.
-The ethernet light on the PLC is blinking.
-The lights on the ethernet switch I have all 3 units going back to are as follows:
-SLC flashing
-G3 flashing
-Delta nothing

I have copied the Delta sample off the net, and as far as I can tell they are set similar. The only difference is the destination files in my PLC.

This is my first shot with messageing so it might be something really simple.

Any help would be appreciated!

First make sure that the ethernet connection is OK by pinging the Delta with your laptop from where the SLC is plugged into. I'm not real familiar with the Delta setup but you might have to be in a run mode situation to get a read status back from the controller.

You are close by if you mean Portland, OR.

You can call our tech support or drop by Delta since we are just across the river and the streets are clear. ( We had snow last night ). We have a SLC5/05 where we can test your program. It would be much faster than playing 20 questions.

Our tech support is pretty good.

Can you access the RMC75E using RMCTools?