Ease of converting Logic between Modicon Quantum and ControlLogix

Jnox

I am facing some difficult questions that I am unable to answer on my own. This is why I need your expert opinion.

How easily can you convert plc code from ControlLogix to Modicon Quantum?

Can it be done easily? Maybe easily with some minor changes?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

Depends on how complicated the code is.

Someone will have to read the AB code and convert it into the logic equivalent Modicon code line by line.
You are going to run into trouble if the code used a lot of function blocks.

Are there any other devices (ie HMI) connected to the PLC?

twu,

There is no way to export the code from ControlLogix and import it into Modicon Quantum unit programmer? Do you have to actually input the code line by line?

I have done the reverse quite a few times now, though it was from Proworx NxT to Control Logix. There is no way to automate that task completely.

It should however be possible to use PERL or an equivalent text processing language to convert a .L5K export from Controllogix into the txt import file (I cant remember the type) for Unity. This would probably only be time effective for very large programs. Most likely it will be more efficient to re-program from scratch.