CPU Fault...SLC 500

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
:( :( :( Hi group...I just got a call from one of our plants in Hopkinsville,KY...they have a CPU fault on a SLC 500 that is running on a EPROM, I don't have any AB software, so my question is...other than the normal pull the modules out and reseat them, cycle the power, check the conections, type items, is there anything else I can do right now to try to get them back on line? Our usuall A/B man is out of the state, so I am at a loss. Anyone in that area? A short update...seems that persons unknown(!!!!) removed the ground connection in the panel recently, so it looks like they took out the 5/02. New unit on its way, hopefully I'll have it up in the morning.....:(

Last edited:
If the processor is dead, you will need to wait until you get your replacement. Then swap the memory module and give it a try. If S:1/12 (Load Memory Module and Run Bit) was set in the memory module, the processor will load the program in the memory module and run. Hope the program in the Memory Module is current!

Good Luck
Need further help?
[email protected]

If you need someone to make the trip to Hopskinville then please feel free to contact me. I have the necessary software and cables.

Hi Group... Thanks for the responces, I was able to get it up w/ an old spare that I had salvaged from my local recycling yard last year...( thanks Corvete)... The memory module was current, and it had not been damaged. Monday I will be back down there to 'refine' the power supply to this and 4 other machines. That plant has the most unbalanced utility supply that I have ever seen...456,477,508 vac comming in, and the power company says there is nothing wrong with that! Plus it is the last plant on the feeder before the town water plant, which cycles pumps on and off across-the-line,so we see some huge valleys.
Again, thanks for all of your help... beerchug
David