Uploading Program From ProFace Graphic Panel

cwxc818

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I usually work w/ AB products, however I am trying to upload the HMI program from a ProFace GP570-TC11. We want to make some changes but do not have a copy of the original file. I have the GPW-CB02 serial cable and GPPro software to do this, however when I go to transfer and receive I get this message "No upload information in the GP data file"

I can see what version is on the panel along with the names of the displays, but I cannot dig any deeper than that. I am gathering that whoever did the last download did not check the box in the transfer settings to allow the program to be uploaded in the future. Does that sound correct? Is there any possible way to upload the program to make changes? I thought about using the PC Transfer Tool but I do not have that software.

I appreciate the help and I'll do my best to give some AB knowledge to this forum.

Have never dealt with Proface direct, I use Telemecanique panels but these are Proface panels rebranded.

I have a panel at the moment with a similar problem and have been advised that recovery of the project is not possible, even over serial, unless it has been backed up to a CF card, which means I have to start all over again as a helpful airline knackered by hard drive before I got back to the office to do a back up.

Jon.