LM90-30 Config Package Issue

GeorgeM

I need to add a module to a GE Series 90-30 system. I have LogicMaster 90 V9.02 installed on my laptop running WinXP SP2.

The issue: The Configuration Package does not work. When I attempt to open either [F1] I/O Configuration or [F2] CPU configuration, I get the message "Busy ... Please WAIT" and LM90 locks up, never times out. The only way to recover is to force LM90 to shut down.

I can open the program ladder and monitor, edit, etc. Also, I am able to upload the configuration from the PLC.

Any ideas out there?

Logicmaster doesn't have enough DOS conventional memory.

The following is from the Important Product Information document for Logicmaster software (GFK-0468):

If you attempt to enter HW configuration and the "Busy, please wait..." message occurs and the system locks up, or ID: 0000 EX: 0000 occurs while configuring modules, you probably do not have enough DOS conventional memory available. If you are communicating with the PLC serially, you can obtain additional conventional memory by configuring LM90 to load the serial communications driver into EMS memory. This can be accomplished by the following steps:
1) From Menu90 select F9 ... Logicmaster 90 Setup Package
2) Then select F4 ... PLC Communication Options
3) Select EMS for the "Driver Memory Area"