Remote access to Controllogix

lostpatrol1

Does anyone know any other way to remotely access controllogix PLC programs (to edit or view online) other than the dial-up Etherneet modem?

The dial-up e-net modem is way too slow.

TIA!

I have used a VPN on a DSL connection to an EN2T card on several occasions. Works well once you have everything configured.

EDIT: Arg, you beat me LJBMatt

If the remote place has a VPN server you can log in through that. That basically makes it the same as if you were plugged into their local network. Then you can find it through RSLinx as usual.

You can also try remotely controlling a PC that is physically plugged in to the PLC's network with something like Webex. The local PC has to have the program and RSLogix 5000 on it, though.

VPN will probably be the best way.

Last edited: