1761-Net-Eni VLAN Connectivity Issue

WiredBuckeye

I'm experimenting with connecting an InView to a VLAN via a 1761-Net-ENI.

I have some experience with using a 1761 Net-ENI on private lans to communicate with SLC-500's and MicroLogix processors and never had much of an issue.

Here's my situation:

I have a port set up on our plant lan that has a static IP on a VLAN. I have used the Net-Eni config utility to set the IP, subnet, and default gateway. When I connect it to the port on the vlan, I cannot ping the net-eni module from a PC. The link light is lit on the module, but nothing else.

Here's the kicker... when I configure my laptop ethernet port with the same ip, subnet, and default gateway as the net-eni module, I can ping the laptop.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?