Time of day events

skyhawk8

Hello,
I'm new here to this forum.

I have been working with PLC5 and MicroLogix 1000/1500 for a few years. Picked up what I know as I went along. I have experience with logic control from the early 80's starting with relay logic controled weapon systems and from there moved into TTL controls.

I'm currently working on an energy management program and I've nearly completed it. Basically any section of conveyor in the warehouse will shut down after a predetermined amount of time. Pretty straight forward. What I'm looking to do now is to set two levels of delay for shutting down. I want to set a shorter time for the first shift (receiving) and increase the time for the second (shipping).

I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction to set up using the real time clock to control which timers (TOD) to use for different periods of the day.

Thanks,
Steve

In the PLC5 Your date/time registers are S:18 - S:23. In the SLC Micros the date/time registers are S:37 - S-42. You can use simple compares to control you timers.