IP 244 Siemens S5

burnem83

Hello

I have recently had a faulty analogue input channel on a IP 244 temp control card. As we have several spare channels I thought that I could rewire the t/c into a spare and reassign the DW. This seemed to work fine and the correct temp was displayed on our HMI/SCADA. The problem is that the heater for the application is controlled from the same card and although the temp is low the output is at 0%. I am unfamilar with S5 and am struggling to find this output so I can trace why it isn't switching. I am reading through the siemens manual but it isn't easy.

Thanks

Hi there,

It,s been a long time since I worked with an IP244. I would check the parameters thoroughly for used and unused channels.
The manual states:
If the module is coded for peripheral address PY 160, the message number must be written to
peripheral (I/O) byte PY 191. The information contained in the messages can be written to
peripheral bytes PY 160 to PY 190 or read from here.
The message number address cannot be read back.​

If parameters are not assigned for a controller, i.e. the parameters are 0, actual values will
nevertheless be acquired for this channel and the digital outputs assigned, i.e. the outputs cannot
be used for other controllers.
If the data (integration values, self-tuning parameters etc.) are to be buffered when using the IP 244
controller module for temperature control, the following points should be noted:​
a) The module must be inserted in a battery -baked slot.
b) The data is lost when the module is inserted or removed.
c) When assigning parameters to the module for the first time, FB162 must be called once with the command "KS".
d) Following a power failure, the IP244 requests parameters from the PLC. After the parameters have been assigned with FB162, the request is cleared.

Hope it helps.​