MSG Instruccion

alondra007

Can some one explain me how the MSG instruction works.

I want from a SLC500 5/04 pass the value of a Float F8:0 to another slc500 5/04 F12:0.

I don't understand why i can't get this going, it can not be this difficult.

thanks,o_O

I'm taking a guess that the 2 PLC's are connected together via Data Highway ?

If so, there's two ways you could do it:

1. A Message Read instruction in the F12 SLC to read the data from the F8 SLC.
2. A Message Write instruction in the F8 SLC to write the data into the F12 SLC.

Look up the MSG instruction in the online help for more information.

Like Sergei said, we would need to see your PLC program - or at least some screenshots of how you have the MSG instruction set up, to help you any further.

below is the screen shot of the MSG read. Yes it's thru DH+. This is on one of the slc 500 5/04

The value i want is on F8:0 and i want to pass it to F12:0. I get an error Hex(15).

untitled.jpg

Error 15H is a channel configuration error. Check each controllers DH+ channel configuration to make sure the baud rate is the same and the node address is different. As requested above it would be best if you could post both controllers .RSS file for the best help.

I built 3 5/04 trainers for a customer... attached is the programs with a MSG from (I think) node 2 to 4, they wanted an example... nothing fancy but it may help

Your MSG instruction looks OK. Like Mickey says, it appears to be an error in the DH+ connection between the 2 SLC's. Check the Channel 1 settings in each PLC.

Are these SLC's just connected to each other - or are they part of a larger DH+ network ?

Are there any other MSG instructions in either SLC ?