1756-ENBT and Contrologix

tjoneill

Hell everyone,
Just let me start out by saying i have searched the site but cant find an answer to what i did wrong.
I needed to change the IP address,subnet and gateway address in a 1756ENBT card by way of RSLOGIX 5000, got online with it using the old address,changed the addresses and hit set.
It procedded to give me a warning on having duplicates on the network(which i dont) and hit ok.
Now,it kicked me off line(which i expected) and I changed the add. in my computer(off by 2) which it connected fine,added the address in the rslinx ethernet driver but the processor cant be found.(I hade to change the IP address in a PV too but didnt have any problems their)
Also, the display on the ethernet card is displaying the correct ip address but it is also displaying the BOOTP.
Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong?
Thank you in advance

Power cycle the PLC and see if the IP changes back to the old one. if it does, go in to RSlinx and find the device right click it and go to module config. Then click on the port config tab. Make sure it is set to static and that the IP and subnet etc are all correct. apply and ok it should all be good. i dunno. Thats how I do it!

Last edited:
Subnet

Make sure the combination of the subnet mask and ip address you set allows you to get to the gateway. Bootp will come up as a default whenever something is wrong with the network settings.

I've had the same problem. Changing the IP address while connected sometimes works - and sometimes it locks up.

Best bet is get to the ENBT Card through the backplane using another method (serial through CPU, DH+ through a 1756-DHIO etc.) and configure the IP address this way.

I always carry a spare 1756-ENBT card with me, I have this set up to a known IP address and use it when I'm working on site to save upsetting the customers IT people.

Tim.