Laptop to Slc 5/03 via 1761-net-eni

Tom Hemeon

Can you do online programming with a computer connected thru a 1761 NET-ENI to the serial port on a SLC 5/03. The current DH485 has become totally unreliable with a new DELL.

Can you do online programming with a computer connected thru a 1761 NET-ENI to the serial port on a SLC 5/03. The current DH485 has become totally unreliable with a new DELL.
Having hooked this up I can see the ENI module on Linx but not the PLC. The serial light on the ENI module is flashing but the light on the PLC is not. If I remove the AP00 cable from the PLC and connect a serial cable to the PLC it hangs my Laptop and I have to reboot, after which I see the PLC again. The Laptop, ENI module and the PLC are set the same at 19200. Any ideas?

It's been my experience that you have to use the AB_ETH not AB_ETHIP driver in RSLinx. With ETHIP driver, I would see the ENI module only. With the ETH driver, I would see the PLC only, which is what you want. This was with Micrologix but SLC must be the same.

Please let me knwo how your are connected first of all
Your PC serial port is connect to the ENET module through _________
And ENET module is connected to SLC through ____________

Make sure the routing table on the ENET module config utility is properly configured. There should not eb any conflicts with node numbers.

As I said earlier I have tested the DF1 19200 serial communication between the PLC and the laptop and it is fine. I have no problem seeing the ENI module in LINX but I can't see the PLC 5/03. I even tried setting the baud rate in the ENI manually to 19200 as suggested by Allen-Bradley.

šŸ™ƒ

Problem solved. I switched the Control line in the PLC 5/03 Channel Configuration - Chan 0-System from Full Duplex Modem to No Handskaking.I have attached screen captures of all the settings of the PLC and ENI.CHANNEL CONFIG.jpg

ENI1.jpg

ENI2.jpg

RSLinx.jpg