WinnCC 08 passwords gone missing

2bON2b

Has any ever had a WinnCC RT "lose" its passwords? The only way I was able to correct the problem was to reload the project to the PC.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Do you mean the password does not allow you access? In WinCC Flex 2007, after three incorrect entries the user would be disabled until reactivated – or you download the project. In WinCC Flex 2008 you can disable this function. Look in the Runtime Security Settings.

I have had this with wincc flex (Cant remember which one!).

The operators could not log onto a Siemens MP270. They swore blind that they had not done anything. The OEM emailed the prog to me and I downloaded it to the multipanel. It hasn't done it since.

Yes, winCC flexible has this stupid feature to lock password after three incorrect entries. Our project is done with winCC flex. 2005 and I cannot disable it (of course, I can disable password protection, but that is not the point). This becomes even worse when used with touch screen panel where average man's finger is as thick as two or three screen's buttons. Problem with incorrect entries are happening on almost regular basis.

Thanks for the help. I hope you guys are correct about the incorrect entries. The operators are never around when this happens...if you know what I mean. ;)

A work around on 2005 & 2007 PC based RT (don't know about panel based) is to use the import / export password functions. Set up 2 buttons attached to these functions. Put security on the export PB and allow any one to import. If the user is locked out, they can simply import the old file and the lockout is reset. Saves a midnight callout!

Imi'ike got the right answer - almost. With Flex 2008 you cannot disable password blocking completely, but you can crank up the number of wrong entries before blocking to 99 for example.

I use the method that MikeDawkins mention. It works on panels too, just be sure there is an MMC card in the panel.

In WinCC Flex 2008, I found that if you set "Number of invalid login attempts" to 0, then no matter how many incorrect passwords are entered, the user will not be unauthorized or blocked. This is true for both security settings that use and do not use the user name; that is, "Login using password exclusively" is either checked or unchecked.
Jesper, have you had a different experience than this?