slightly o/t, Danfoss drive advice please

kevbloke

Good morning, i have a small problem tonight in as much as i have a 11kw water pump which has a broken drive.
I don't have another 11kw drive but i do have a 7.5 kw drive and a 15kw drive. The 15kw drive will not fit in to the cabinet and as it is a wet area it would be dangerous to rig it up outside.
The inverter never gets above 50Hz. Do you think that the 7.5kw unit would cope for a couple of hours a day until i can get a new unit?

Drives I have done measurements on current stays constant.
Frequency and voltage ramp. Never tried it but it might work
if the smaller drive can handle the current and you don't push the speed too high.
If it is semi modern at all it will fault before it hits self destruct.

Set the current limit to about 15 amps which is about full load for 7.5 Kw and this will restrict the speed to say 40 to 45 Hz as a stop gap to keep you going.
Your 11 Kw motor has a current of about 22 Amps at 400 Volt supply so you have to stop it getting that high.

Good answer there, Gil47. Using current limit to keep the smaller drive from tripping will produce the maximum possible speed without going over the smaller drive rating.

That way, you get all you can get with respect to pump load and output without putting anything in jeopardy.

I liked your answer!