90-30 Gefanuc Profibus Master

sjaszczak

I have problem with proper connecting gsd file attached to the converter profibus - rs with the PLC project in the Proficy Machine Edition. I tried to add Slave device http://www.icpdas.com/products/Industrial/profibus/i-7550.htm using original gsd file but I failed. It was possible to add it to the list of original slave-devices but it wasn't possible to add it to the project tree. Precisely I wasn't able to configure modules in the setup window :
2_1231657293.jpg
Every attempt to choose at least one option from that list ended such a information like that :
48_1231657337.jpg

It is really hard to understand what is the reason of that, because Proficy Machine Edition helpdesk doesn't contain any information about problem like that.

It works properly for me using Proficy ME Version 5.80 and SIM8. I do not have the hardware to download to here but I have no trouble configuring it and validating.
What version of Proficy ME do you have and what CPU, I tested with an RX3i IC695CPU310.

Well, I get an error that the backup file profibustest1.zip is invalid. The .gsd is the same one that I downloaded from your link above.
If you do not already have it, please install ServicePack 1 and SIM12 for PME 5.70 then try again. The ServicePack and SIM is on the GE Fanuc Support web site.

I noticed that it was not a 'normal' backup and pulled your configuration in with 'Open' instead of 'Restore'
It works in the latest version, I had just upgraded to PME 5.90 SIM2
See the attached screen shot

2009-01-11_225327.jpg

Whoa, it works !!! Nice job, RussB. Thank you for your help.
I have one more question to you related to the way of finding a job of a PLC programmer. What is more important education (confirmed with some certification - are there some education centres where it is possible to pass an exam to confirm plc programming skillfull) or industrial experience ?
In Poland experience is more important but often it isn't possible to check it in practice at once. I heard that in the USA often some certification are needed and I wonder if it is true
Regards
Sławek