siemens 545-1104 fault

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
ive tried searching my documentation and I cant seem to find anything on this fault. I am sure it is a processor fault of some sort, as it looks like it dumped the program and when I tried to clear the memory it wouldnt do anything, coupled with it saying unknown processor. here is a screen shot of the fault. anyone see this before?

fault.jpg

Thats an obscure PLC you got there.
They are old TI's rebranded Siemens from a corporate takeover.
This is what I'd do.
Assumming you have a backup of the program I'd switch off the power and disconnect the battery. That should clear everything.
Then reload the program

A 'fatal error' in 545-speak simply means it detected something significant enough to cause the CPU to shut itself down. My experience with these was that they were hardy little beasts. 'Fatal' rarely meant irrecoverable. I think the most common source of these errors I ever encountered was electrical disturbance of some sort.

Your screen-dump shows the system memory as all zeroes. This should never be the case in normal circumstances. If the normal reset commands from software haven't recovered the situation, I'd do as Struggling_forward suggests. However I'd definitely recommend leaving the CPU with battery out and power-off for several (10-15) minutes: I seem to remember seeing examples where presumably the capacitance of the mobo and other components would sometimes mean that you couldn't be certain the RAM chips had all gone back to zeroes immediately. (It was one of these paradoxes. Whenever you wanted to clear the memory the chips would decay slowly, but if you were hoping to retain an entire programme without a battery for about 1 second, sorry that was much too long!)

Good luck

Ken

Thats an obscure PLC you got there.

I wouldn't say obscure. CTI still makes them. They now have onboard ethernet and a host of other goodies. TIs were WAY ahead of their time and blew AB out of the water during the same era. I wish they would have evolved the way AB did with the CLX processor line. Once Siemens bought out TI it was the death knell as they had no interest in letting them compete with S5 and then S7 processors.

As to the original poster, I've seen that before. Corrupted program. Drop the battery (or just flip the dipswitch off), let it sit unpowered. That should clear it up unless the RAM chips are toast.

Thats not too obscure we use them all over the plant here. Only because it had the veritility that other processors didnt have at the time. Only now we "upgraded" to the 555-1106 processor.

But like the others have said flip the switch inside to disable the battery or unplug the battery and let it sit unpowered for 10 mins come back and load the program and off you should go. I'd suggest you looking to getting a power conditioner for this PLC as we used to have it happen to one of ours but could use a partial reset command to get it back up and running. But after seperating the loads off the power supply of the PLC and installing power conditioning hardware to the supply aswell this problem has disappeared.

Also we found out later that once one of our buzzers for alarms out in the mill would go bad thats when the problem occured and since redid the electrical circuit to fix the issue.

Good luck though