Ab CLX to ASI bus

theDave2

Anyone know of a converter / gateway from Ethernet/Foundation Field Bus (FFB) to ASI bus as I have to use a 1756 ControlLogix cpu and no descrete I/O, but rather network I/O: FFB (analog I/O)and ASI (digital).

Personally,I'd use an FFB digital I/O interface module (only about 6 points) but the customer wants native ASI bus.

Tx,
Dave

Bihl-Wiedmann out of Germany makes an in rack AS-i module for CLX. I am using one for control of valves. The unit has been reliable and easy to use. Apparently Bihl- Wiedmann is the leader in AS-i stuff in Europe.

Steve

I have a restricted knowledge of RSLogix and ASI integration from a software point of view. If that is your issue, I can ask a friend to respond. He has done a huge project with ASI interfacing RSLogix, and it worked well. Analogue and digital mapping from the ASI controller to the RSLogix is an issue.