Plotting a graph on PV+1000

Gazzr

I have an open topped bin that contains a powdered product. The bin is a buffer within a production line and currently is not monitored other than visually. We are having some level sensors fitted to the bin that will give an analogue signal to indicate level within the bin at 12 known points. I would like to display this information graphically via the HMI for the operators to be aware of the current state of the buffer.
My first idea is to use 12 bargraphs side by side to give a crude representation. Eg,
bargraph.jpg

I believe this would work, but wouldn't be ideal as it would look very "blocky".

Is there a way to plot individual points and create a line graph as this would look much neater. Eg,
(Same points plotted)
linegraph.jpg

As mentioned in the title, I would like to display this on a PV+1000 but am unsure if it is possible.

Any advice would be warmly received.

Last edited:
I have been reading about the trending facility you have mentioned and it seems to be what I need. I think I'll need to do a bit more reading before I attempt to put it into practice.
Many thanks.

I've done some bar graph plots and a trendline using equations and animations, but its not fun. You can make each individual bar, and then animate its height and position. The trendline is a little harder. Mine is stuck glued to the y-intercept, which isn't the best.
The RedLion G3 products makes it a little easier to do these types of plots than PanelviewPlus.

Thanks for the info.
I have been looking further in to this today.
I have succesfully setup a trend to show 15 minutes of history of the speed of a motor that automatically ramps up or down when required for the process. The trend setup process was quite straight forward, the only hitch I found was that the trend would only log values when the HMI was on the correct screen. If you exit the screen that the trend is located on - then re-enter it. You start again with an empty graph.
I have revisited the manual and it seems that I need to setup a data log for the values if I wish for it to log continuously. To do this, apparently I must have a AB compact flash card ?? ($$$$).

I have also looked into the X Y plotting for my original request, I intend to attempt this tomorrow. I was wondering if anybody had any further advice iont the subject as the manual isn't very clear.

Basically - I have 12 values that I wish to plot onto the graph. The X values for each would be a constant, as I want each value plotted in the same spot each time required. The Y value would be a scaled value from an analogue input.

I hope this makes sense.....

Jimbo, are you sure? I thought you needed a compact flash card (doesn't have to be an AB one. I had an old 256MB one from a camera that works in out PV+700) as that is the only way that I've been able to get the trend to 'stay' when changing screens.
The only other way, which I use on the ME runtime computer, is to have screens go ontop instead of replace. I use this method so I can have the top and bottom half of the PC screen change independantly (graphs on the bottom, tags on the top).

Jimbo is right. I have many PanelView Plus with trends that use the datalogging to internal memory.

Cheers fellas,
If I can use internal memory, that's great news.
If I have to use a CF card, and can get away with a non AB one, then that's still great news.
If I have to buy an AB card - that's only bad news for my employer.

There is a limited number of records that you can store in internal memory, say a couple of days, if you want it for longer, or to read it on another PC then store it to a CF card is the easiest.

From other posts on the forums, some cf cards work and others don't. Its not a particular OEM as all get cf chips from a limited number of manufacturers. What I'm going on about is if one doesn't work, try another.