Pt1000

mo_eng

I use a 2 wire pt 1000 for tempreture sensore .but my plc analog input has 3 terminal( disign for 3 wire pt1000).
How can i connect my plc to 2 wire pt1000 ?

I use a 2 wire pt 1000 for tempreture sensore .but my plc analog input has 3 terminal( disign for 3 wire pt1000).
How can i connect my plc to 2 wire pt1000 ?

Your PLC manual should show you how to connect it, you just need to jumper one side of the Pt100, i cant remember which side though.

PT1000? Make sure your PLC analogue input can handle it - most only do PT100.
I hate 2 wire RTDs - they are innacurate.
You will have to program in a correction factor and hope it works,

The best way is to create a third leg near the sensor i.e. connect one leg of the sensor to wires 2 & 3 as this acts as compensation, The 3rd wire is connected to the sensor in the probe anyway, also if you have a 4 wire PT100 then you connect the two red 0r white together to make a 3 wire, however as posted previously you say PT1000 & most plc cards only cater for PT100/Thermocouple.

As Parky says if you have a 3 wire cable just join 2 wires together on one terminal of the RTD, that way you compensate for the lead resistance.
If it's reasonably close you can just jumper it at the module and live with the error due to lead wire resistance.
1,000 Ohm RTDs are a bit more forgiving than 100 Ohm because the lead wire resistance has less effect.
Roy

You can't get much clearer than that!
BTW Gil47, where abouts in Godzone are you located.
I'm a Kiwi also from Mangaweka, now Vancouver
Regards
Roy

And we thought all the Kiwis were either on the Gold Coast or in Bondi!!!

Western Sideeerneyyy
The standard joke here was if we cut off Bondi it would float back to the land of the great white cloud and Piggy Muldoon would get all his prisoners back - we reckoned he released them all from jail, gave them $10 and told them to become $10 Aussies.

If all you have is two wires then it does not matter which side you put the jumper on. RTD's do not have polarity.