Urgent:gx developer and citectscada

thandie22us

What does one need to setup in a gx developer program/project and citect scada project to enable the gx developer and the citect to communicate with the plc at the same time.

What does one need to setup in a gx developer program/project and citect scada project to enable the gx developer and the citect to communicate with the plc at the same time.

Go on give us a clue you know you want to !!

PLC Type ?

How are you connecting to the PLC with GX , Ethernet, Serial ?

How are you connecting to Citect, Ethernet, Serial ?

Is Citect and GX using the same connection to the PLC ?

go on give us a clue you know you want to !!

Plc type ? mitsubishi melsec q16p

how are you connecting to the plc with gx , ethernet, serial ?

How are you connecting to citect, ethernet, serial ?

Is citect and gx using the same connection to the plc ?

all connections are ethernet, no the citect and the gx are using different connections to the plc.

If ethernet then you can use both Citect & GX via ethernet or RS232 for gx or if my memory serves me right some of the Q have usb as well.
For the rs232 you will need the cable 232 to mini din.

If ethernet then you can use both Citect & GX via ethernet or RS232 for gx or if my memory serves me right some of the Q have usb as well.
For the rs232 you will need the cable 232 to mini din.

All the physical setup has been done. My question is more on the software. Like in the Citect project what and where do i set up the communications if there is any setting that is needed? All i want is to be able to have the citect and the gx communicate with the PLC simultaneously?

All the physical setup has been done. My question is more on the software. Like in the Citect project what and where do i set up the communications if there is any setting that is needed? All i want is to be able to have the citect and the gx communicate with the PLC simultaneously?

So is you question about how to setup Citect to communicate with a Mitsubishi PLC ?